GUIDELINE FOR AN INDUSTRIAL DESIGN APPLICATION IN VIETNAM
- ENTRY INTO VIETNAM
– 06 months from the priority date (if claiming priority right)
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
- Original Power of Attorney (POA) from the Applicant (no further notarization or legalization is required).
- Photographs or drawings of design (including all side views and perspective view at the same scale)
- Information on name, address and nationality of applicant(s) and inventor(s).
- Original certified true copy of priority document (if any).
- Salient novelty features description of the design in which show the using purpose of design (if any) and Locarno classification.
The application can be filed without original PoA and Certified document for claiming priority right at the filing date. However, a copy is filed at filing and the original PoA should be submitted within 01 month and original Certified document for claiming priority right should be submitted within 3 months from the filing date.
The approximate time to obtain a Design Patent is 10 months, the particular is as follows:
|1.||Formality examination||within 01 month from the filing date (if all required documents are accepted as legitimate)|
|2.||Publication||02 months from the acceptance of the application.|
|3.||Substantive examination||07 months from the publication date.|
- ESTIMATED COST: https://t2hlawyers.vn/en/industrial-fee-in-vietnam