PROCEDURE FOR ADOPTION OF ABANDONED CHILDREN
Every child born has the right to receive love and care from its parents. But sadly, more and more newly born babies have been abandoned and abandoned by their parents. Therefore, the adoption policy is being encouraged by the state and society.
Through the following post, T2H Lawyers will provide necessary information to carry out procedure for adoption of abandoned children.
- Conditions on adopting persons
An adopting person must fully meet the following conditions:
a/ Having full civil act capacity;
b/ Being 20 years or more older than the adopted person;
c/ Having health, financial and accommodation conditions for assuring the care for and nurture and education of the adopted child.
d/ Having good ethical qualities
- Competent agencies
- In case an abandoned child not yet admitted to a nurturing center is adopted, the commune-level People’s Committee which has made the written certification of the child abandonment shall register the adoption;
- In case a child in a nurturing center is adopted, the commune-level People’s Committee of the locality where the nurturing center is based shall register the adoption.
Step 1: The commune-level has been listing at the headquarters of the People’s Committee for 7 consecutive days about neglect of the child.
After this time, if no one comes to receive or has no information about the child’s father or mother, the commune-level will notify the individual or organization temporarily nurturing the child to proceed with birth registration for the child.
Step 2: Dossiers of adopting persons A dossier of an adopting person comprises:
- A written request for adoption;
- A copy of the passport or identity card or a valid substitute paper;
- The judicial record sheet;
- Written certification of the marital status;
- A health certificate granted by a district- or higher-level health agency; a written certification of family circumstances and housing and economic conditions granted by the commune-level People’s Committee of the place in which the adopting person permanently resides
A dossier of a person introduced for domestic adoption comprises:
1.The birth certificate;
- A health certificate granted by a district- or higher-level health agency;
- Two photos of the whole body looking straight, taken within the past 6 months;
- A record of certification made by the commune-level People’s Committee or police of the place in which the child is abandoned, for abandoned children
The time limit for settling an adoption is 30 days counting from the time the commune-level People’s Committee receives a complete and valid dossier
Step 3: When seeing that the adopting persons and the person introduced for adoption are eligible under this Law, the commune-level People’s Committee shall organize the adoption registration, hand the adoption certificates to the adoptive parents, the natural parents or the guardian or a representative of the nurturing center, organize the delivery and receipt of the adopted child and record the adoption in the civil status book within 20 days after obtaining the consent of the guardian.
Please contact us for detailed advice.
T2H Law Liability limited company
Head office: G4-4A, Dormitory 708, Lien Ninh, Thanh Tri, Hanoi
Branch office: 20N7A Nguyen Thi Thap, Nhan Chinh Ward, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi.
Phone: 0242 242 9900 – 0989 656 682
Email: email@example.com – firstname.lastname@example.org